Children love films. Any film that talks of them and depicts that which is related to them touches them in a great way. This initiative to introduce short films of various genres solely targeting the children through the International Children’s Short Film Festival, is to bring lot of awareness concerning the situation of Children worldwide and also to Celebrate Childhood.
ICSFF has seen a remarkable growth each year and is in its 8th edition now. This festival has always been happily witnessing a great gathering of children from in and around Chennai. The screening of specially chosen international children’s short films are intended to motivate, educate, entertain and bring in lot of awareness regarding issues that concern them. Unique in its kind, this short film festival which is being hosted for the 8th time will be screening internationally acclaimed short films based on Children and Childhood themes to a crowd of 4500 children hailing from more than 100 schools. These short films portray children’s daily life, their world of dreams and aspirations, their humanity and strength of character. This festival will be in 7th November 2015, at Don Bosco Auditorium, Egmore and it is a non competitive session with no prizes.Deadline for submission of film will be 20th Octobor2015.
ICSFF offers a wonderful opportunity to associate yourself with a noble cause and will make you reach a few thousand children through the various events and competitions that are going to mark this festival. We will be targeting nearly 200 schools for the competitions and there will be nearly 10000 children who will participate in these competitions.
- To bring out the creative talents of young children through art and poetry contests.
- To offer many opportunities for students to exhibit their talents and reward them accordingly.
- To encourage the students to speak and reflect on pertinent issues affecting their childhood.
- To offer to the children an ideal environment in which they can be themselves – relax, laugh, play, eat and enjoy themselves.
- To offer to the children a rare visual experience of enjoying the best of world’s short films concerning them.
- To make children proactive by making them joining hands with various other schools and be united to fight against all evils concerning them.
- To offer a unique exposure to children through the screening of short films which will educate, entertain and elevate their minds to understand their situation, problems, rights, dreams and hopes.
- To provide a very positive environment for the deprived children to explore and enjoy the best, with the opportunities provided to them through this festival together with the other kids.
- To make children become a critical, intelligent consumer of media products and their messages.